Wednesday 27 February 2013

Chicken Potato Heaven! SLOW COOKER

Oh my goodness, I was so excited to share this recipe with you that I stopped half way through writing a post, to write and  post this one! I am currently eating this amazing combination, and with this crappy weather, it's some pretty good comfort food!

This recipe wasn't supposed to happen, I had plans on some slow-cooked chicken and potatoes, which is what I had originally put in my slow cooker, I kept adding things and hoping for the best. Well it turned out pretty great! Here is a list of what you will need!


  • 4 Chicken Breast Skinless Boneless.
  • 8 Large Potatoes. 
  • 6 Carrots.
  • 1 Can Cream Corn
  • Small Brick Of Cheese.
  • 1 Large Onion.
  • 6 Slices Bread
  • Lipton Onion Soup Mix
  • 2 Table Spoons Sage
  • Olive Oil
  • 2 Table Spoons Butter/Margarine
In a slow cooker place chicken, chopped potatoes, chopped onions and carrots. Add in can of cream corn.
I put mine on high for 4-5 hours. I let mine over cook slightly so it was a nice mush ( that is what we want! )

When your "mush" has finished cooking, or is close to it, move onto the next step.

Rip up your six slices of bread into a large bowl, there is no need to make them even, or worry about how they look, just be sure to make them into small chunks! Add in 1 package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix, and Sage. Using your hands mix everything.  Melt butter/margarine and pour over the bread mixture, and again using your hands, mix well! Oil your pan with olive oil, and line the pan with the bread mixture.



Top with the chicken potato mixture. Shred cheese over top, pop in the oven to melt the cheese and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment