Friday 1 March 2013

Personable Canvas Part 2!



I haven't actually had a moment to sit down and introduce the people who make my life worth living. I am so lucky to have my three boys, they keep me going through thick and thin! Chris and I are so proud of our two boys. Damian is the oldest, nearing the wonderful/terrible age of two, and his little brother, Adrian is three precious months! Needless to say, our house tends to be on the crazy/hectic/busy side. We have ONE family picture of the four of us,honestly, balancing four different time schedules isn't easy! It's far from perfect, but sums us up so well!


I noticed a huge response to the first post on personable canvas. I have finally completed part two of this! I wanted to create something that the kids could get involved with. They had a blast getting messy with the paint! Well Damian did at very least!


  • Canvas! ( I have two kids, so I used two )
  • Acrylic Paint.
  • Mod Podge
  • Photo 4X6.
  • Paint Brush.
  • Cosmetic Wedge.





I had old yucky pictures on my walls, they were cheap from the dollar store, I figured a more intimate picture would be more our style! So I painted the canvas solid black, the great thing about these projects is how personal it can be, choose whatever colors you wish to use! I highly recommend getting blank canvas if you wish to use a light color! 

As I waited for the paint to dry, I went through all my photos of the kids, battled with myself for a good twenty minutes, and decided! I made sure the paint was 100% dry, and laid the photos on the now black canvas! I mod podged the backs of the photos, stuck them to the canvas in the spot I wanted them. I put a layer over the entire canvas, pictures included! Let that coat dry! The last step was the hardest for me! Chris usually works, and I have little to no patience when it comes to my projects, if I get an idea in my head I want to try it right away! Well I went ahead and did the kids hand and feet prints! Tip of advice, GET SOMEONE TO HELP! Here is my final result! 


They may not be precise buuuut they are perfect to me!
                                                           Please share your work with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment