Saturday 2 March 2013

Gender Reveal Party!

It's a ...... BOY!!!!


On November 26th, 2012 1:16PM my dreams came true! Adrian Christopher was born! I know as a new parent the joy and love you experience. My journey started off terribly, after facing so many failed attempts at pregnancy, miscarriage after terrible miscarriage I was discouraged I would never get to endure pregnancy. On December 13th, 2011, I was blessed to have Chriss' son Damian placed into my home, to raise as my own, at seven months he was the perfect gift we needed to mend our hurting hearts! When we got Damian I was so blessed, but still feeling empty. I wanted so badly to experience the bond between a mother and the life that grows inside. I don't know why, or how my pregnancy with Adrian worked, but I know one thing is for sure, it was by far the best thing that has ever happened to me!

During the first twelve weeks of my pregnancy I was terrified that I would have to go through the nightmare of loosing my child, as the weeks went by, and my belly got bigger the fear lessened. With this being my first full term pregnancy it was and still is an amazing feeling. Everyone could feel the excitement radiating off of me, I wanted the world to know that I was having my baby, my body took to this pregnancy and I couldn't be more thankful. I decided I would get everyone together to share the gender. My sister was brilliant and planned a gender reveal party for me and Chris! BEST IDEA EVER!!!!!!!

Basically this is how it went; I invited a group of my closest friends, and of course our families. We decided to take advantage of the nice weather and held the event outdoors at Kiwanis Park! I had an ultra sound early in the morning, super excited to get a sneak peak at my bundle of joy, Chris, my sister and I headed to the appointment. We wanted to know the gender of our little miracle, but we made it VERY clear to technician that my sister would be the only one who left knowing, NO MATTER WHAT! We asked everyone to meet at the park a couple hours after my appointment, my sister blew up both pink and blue balloons with helium, decorated a box with pink and blue accents and when she got home from my ultra sound filled the appropriate color according to gender, and sealed the box shut!


Throughout my pregnancy I was certain I was having a girl, it got to the point where we had teams being formed, the pink team, and of course the blue. When we sent out the invites to the gender reveal party, we asked people to wear either pink or blue, to support the team they were rooting for.





Everyone was super anxious to know if they chose the right team! When it came to be the time to find out, Chris and I opened the box together, I got a face full of blue! For anyone who wants to see our video, here it is! :)

- (click here----->) GENDER REVEAL!



No comments:

Post a Comment